FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Business Director - Extraction is an executive position responsible for successfully executing the product development and commercialization of a new product vertical, building and managing teams, and ensuring alignment with The Ocean Cleanup’s objectives.
- Lead the team in the development and implementation of an ambitious business plan for a fast-growing worldwide venture
- Ensure the successful execution of the product trial phase, recording of lessons learned and facilitate continuous improvement
- Prepare the organization for a significant scale-up, including international business development, large series production manufacturing and global operations
- Manage the new product vertical business unit, non-profit with commercial aspects, through a period of growth, establishing global strategic partnerships, ensuring focus and guarding our core values
- Proven successful development of ventures, projects or businesses that ideally combine:
- commercial success in dealing with international government agencies,
- international mass manufacturing or large-scale serial production
- Successfully set up lead and well-performing, multi-disciplinary teams
- Prior experience in a board level position
- Proven experience in developing a product from prototype to marketed product, preferably in an international management role in a technical industry
- Affinity for developing (global) research and development projects with a pragmatic approach
- Proven to be able to resist any corrupt or unethical practices
- Proven exceptional ability to make deals
- A great motivator and natural entrepreneur
- Curious and adventerous
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Business savvy, preferring long-term relationships over quick wins
- Result-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.