FULL-TIME | 6 MONTHS | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
Start date: ASAP
Must be enrolled in study program
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Communication Intern’s main assignment is to manage the everyday follower engagement through email and social media and finding ways to improve the efficiency and clarity of our responses.
The Communication Intern will also investigate and implement improvements in the response process, the answers given and/or suggest improvements for The Ocean Cleanup’s external communication in general, to make our followers more aware of our progress and plans through all our communication channels.
The internship is a (near) full time position, which will require training from, and interaction with, the communication team.
- Ongoing study in fields such as communications, media or marketing
- (Near-) native English language skills (including written). Other language skills are a plus
- Previous experience in customer relationship management, CRM tools, PR or communication is a plus
- Quick learner
- Great communicator and writer
- Willingness to take responsibility and lead a project
- Curiosity to learn and understand the details about the technology and project
- Ability to translate complex information into simple yet comprehensive FAQs
- Able to sell our mission
- Works efficiently and independently
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.