FULL TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to tackle plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. We push the limits of current technological boundaries. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
We are looking for a field engineer that will travel around the world to set up, execute and process international field tests to improve our technology. You are the link between operation and engineering and make sure that we learn as much and as fast as possible.
- Managing and executing tests (both full-scale and subsystem), being responsible for test plans, organization and processing results
- Translate test results into concrete design recommendations and take part in new design cycles
- Pro-actively developing test plans to assess system performance and operation processes
- Master or Bachelor in mechanical engineering, civil engineering, industrial design, or comparable
- Around 2 years of working experience in an engineering role in which you gained experience in setting up and executing tests and commissioning mechanical/automated equipment
- Able to apply a practical approach to testing and commissioning
- Able to translate test results into product requirements and improvements
- Ideally you have experience in the maritime sector and/or with working abroad
- Initiative-taker and comfortable with leading a small diverse and international team on site
- Curious and adventurous
- Result-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- A creative and critical eye
- A practical and hands-on approach to engineering
- Willing to travel abroad on a regular basis (for onshore testing)
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.