FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The role offers a driven, educated financial assistant a great opportunity to join a fast-growing organization and to develop within the company in the long run. As the Finance Assistant, you will be involved in the daily accounting operations and communicate with suppliers, colleagues and gain exposure to the many parts of the finance department at The Ocean Cleanup.
We would like to fill this position on a relatively short notice, therefore we only invite candidates to apply that have a valid (long term) working permit in the Netherlands.
- Assist the Finance Manager in analyzing financial reports
- Liaising with project teams to understand the story behind the figures
- Accounting for supplier invoices, expense claims and payments
- Process financial information in the accounting system (NetSuite)
- Assist in the month-end financial close
- Preparation of quarterly VAT and annual tax returns
- Preparation of monthly finance reports
- Assist in various finance team projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree (HBO) level with an accounting/business administration focus
- Top 10% amongst your peers
- Minimum one-year experience in a bookkeeper or accounting role
- Good understanding of accounting concepts
- Strong command of the English language (written and verbal)
- Proactive and willing to learn
- Confident handling large amount of information and prioritizing tasks
- Organized and methodical
- Thrives in high-paced, international working environments
- Effective communicator
- Team player
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal