FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone. Cleaning the oceans is hard. But we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we will succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
We are looking for a bright financial controller with advanced accounting skills who will help us build an organization that turns ideas into solid designs. The right candidate is able to keep track of our financial streams, ensure reliable reporting, manage key administrative processes and provide valuable input for management team decisions.
- Manage administrative services and personnel (two FTE, including invoicing, payroll, bank accounts, expense reimbursement, VAT returns)
- Provide reliable, clear standardized management reporting (to the CFO, Management Team, Supervisory Board, Funders, Tax and other authorities) and relevant analysis
- Create and monitor budgets and forecasts to ensure that all large expenditures are properly planned and financed
- Implement an improved accounting system (most likely Exact or Netsuite) supporting operations in the Netherlands (foundation and four limited liability companies), California and additional geographies
- Plan and coordinate the process for the annual report and audit
- Among the top 10% of your fellow academic peers, master's degree with RC/RA or equivalent
- Approximately 5 years of financial experience in a fast-paced organization
- International experience is a plus
- Excellent English-language skills
- Able to manage day-to-day activities, meanwhile driving larger projects
- Smart, fast learner, self-starting and pragmatic
- Goal-driven communication and organizational skills
- Maintains a high level of integrity and confidentiality
- Thrives in fast-paced, international environments
- Available to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.