FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The General Manager is responsible for successfully executing the redesign and commercialization of one of one of our project verticals, building and managing teams and ensuring alignment with The Ocean Cleanup’s objectives.
- Leading the extraction team in the development and implementation of an ambitious business plan for a fast-growing worldwide venture
- Preparing the organization for a significant scale-up, including business development, manufacturing and operations
- Ensuring the effective deployment of an extraction prototype system and recording of lessons learned
- Leading the R&D team that will implement lessons learned into new production candidates of the extraction system
- You have distinguished yourself in the successful development of ventures, projects or businesses that ideally combine:
- commercial success in dealing with government agencies,
- international mass manufacturing
- You have successfully set up leading and well-performing, multi-disciplinary project teams
- You possess academic level thinking and communication skills
- You have proven experience in developing a product from prototype to marketed product, preferably in an international management role in a technical industry
- You have proven ability in cost engineering, reducing manufacturing costs, by design optimization, procurement strategy and economy of scale
- You have an affinity for developing (global) research projects with a pragmatic approach
- You have excellent English language skills, other languages are helpful
- You have proven to be willing to resist any corrupt or unethical practices
- You are in the top 10% amongst your peers in terms of personal power, leadership talent and proven results.
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Leader and teambuilder
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Preferring long-term relationships over quick wins
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Result-driven, self-motivated
- Willing to travel abroad
- Affinity with the goal of our organization
- Strong personal integrity
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.