FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Head of Business Development - Plastic monetizes the extracted plastic by working with partners to create high added-value applications.
- Creating a clear vision for achieving high valorization of plastic
- Taking a key role in the development and implementation of a suitable recycling business plan
- Building high-level, lasting commercial relationships
- Working (with partners, clients and recycling team) to develop plastic products
- Collaborating with the Communications Team to develop and implement the plastic brand
- Educating and convincing potential clients about high added-value use of plastic in products and marketing
- Participating in the management of the Recycling Engineering and Support Team
- Leading contract negotiations (throughout the value chain)
- Developing the organizational recycling strategy
- You possess academic-level thinking and communication skills
- You have at least 10 years' experience in roles that combine commercial and technical aspects
- You have (the ability to quickly acquire) in-depth knowledge of plastics and recycling
- You have the creativity and commercial ability to develop and sell high-value propositions - possibly in cooperation with leading luxury and consumer companies
- You are good at motivating teams and effectively leading projects
- You are top 10% amongst your peers in terms of commercial power and proven results.
- Affinity with the goal of our organization
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Representative and commercially drive
- Preferring long-term relationships over quick wins
- Results-driven, self-motivated
- Entrepreneurial and creative
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Leader and team builder
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong personal integrity
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.