FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
When The Ocean Cleanup leaves basic engineering and enters the operational phase of the project, we encounter special challenges realizing a free-floating construction far from any shore. In order to assure its success, we are hiring an Installation Engineer Assembly (IEA) for our offshore project.
The IEA is ultimately responsible for the design and on & offshore execution preparations of the Pacific Ocean Cleanup System. The IEA reports to the Project Engineer Assembly (PEA).
- Developing all installation procedures for the assembly of a system to capture plastic in the ocean The scope includes supports for an automatic information system (AIS) and monitoring systems
- Designing and developing the installation aids required to execute the assembly
- Ensuring that all designs and procedures meet the quality standards and are based on a "safety and environmentally friendly design approach"
- Ensuring that all designs and procedures are checked and approved within the agreed time frame
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, structural, maritime or offshore engineering
- At least 7-10 years’ relevant experience as an installation engineer, preferably in the offshore or maritime industry of complex and schedule-driven projects
- Experience with design installation of (offshore) floating structures is preferred
- Experience with conceptual design and basic engineering
- Excellent English language skills
- Takes responsibility and confident making decisions
- Creative problem-solver who loves working on complex challenges
- Willing to travel
- Thrives in high-paced, international environments
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Strong communicator
- Driven, curious and solutions-oriented
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. You can also use this email address to send any questions you may have regarding the position.