4-6 MONTHS | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
Starting date: April or May 2019
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
This intern position focuses on the last part of the design process: design, build, test & improve. We are continuously testing components and parts of our technology and we have lots of open questions for curious students looking for a challenging internship.
For this assignment you will spend 1 month in Rotterdam, the Netherlands to prepare, 2 months abroad to execute your tests, followed by at least one month in Rotterdam to finish your test report.
- You are a bachelor's or master's student in, for example, mechanical engineering, industrial design, environmental engineering or similar
- You are interested in a practical internship that will give you hands-on experience with testing and reporting improvements
- An internship is a requirement for your studies, you can provide a letter from your university to prove this
- You are responsible and stand your ground when things get difficult
- You are comfortable with a high level of autonomy
- You like hands-on tasks and getting your hands dirty
- You have some experience in traveling independently
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong command of English, verbal and written
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending the following to email@example.com:
- Your CV
- A motivation letter describing the sort of questions/problems you would like to address (for example: mechanical issues, system/environment interaction, et cetera)
- Potential starting date and preferred duration