FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
To help The Ocean Cleanup succeed in our mission, we are looking for a junior business developer who will report to the Head of International Relations.
- Find and process useful information (regional or country data on pollution, governmental authorities, waste infrastructure, etc.) and summarize it into clear, succinct information.
- Analyzing countries (desk research) using quantitative and qualitative data. Draft maps of relevant stakeholders, screen market and funding landscape.
- University degree, for example, in international relations, environmental sciences, business/public administration
- Around 1-4 years of working experience
- You can check at least two of the following boxes:
- You have experience in or relevant knowledge of Asia, Africa or Central America
- You have experience in project management
- Experience in a commercial or business development role
- Experience in international relations, government affairs or fundraising
- Experience in a consulting or other problem-solving role
- You have some knowledge about waste management
- Excellent data handling skills, with experience in researching subjects and writing smart and concise reports/data sheets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Curious, independent and responsible
- Skilled in visualizing data / presenting complex information
- Effective multitasker
- Results-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.