FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
We are looking for someone with a technical background and some international operational experience to help roll out operations, prepare assemblies and installations and support logistics.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support the operational roll-out including transportation, assembly and commissioning and training of local operators in specific regions
- Align with the engineering team for testing and improvement of the technology and methods
- Collaborate with local parties at technical- and strategic level
- A relevant technical Bachelor degree (e.g. mechanical, naval, civil or similar)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in an operational role
- Experience in international projects or operations
- Ideally, you have experience in the maritime sector and/or in Asia
- You are practical and result orientated
- You are methodical and structured
- You are flexible and have no trouble coping with setbacks, uncertainty and last minute changes
- You are a star at planning and organizing
- You have excellent communication and social skills including a strong cultural awareness and ability to communicate on all levels (operational to political)
- You have a strong command of English, verbal and written
- You are willing to travel abroad on a regular basis
- You are intrinsically motivated to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.