FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming to do is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
As a lead engineer, you will be responsible for cleanup system design improvement, by driving concept development, iteration, and optimisation. You will support a team of engineers in developing and improving technologies for the extraction of floating debris.
- Take the lead in innovation and improvement of engineering and design
- Take initiative and responsibility in technological and overall improvement
- Develop creative concepts for extraction technology, systems and/or parts
- Determine feasibility and perform concept selection process
- Gather and analyze measurement data from real-life prototypes and pilot systems and integrate findings into following designs
- Perform basic and detailed engineering analyses and design
- Take a leading role regarding mechanical engineering within a multi-disciplinary team
- Use your expertise to support a young team including electronic/mechatronic engineers, civil engineers, and other disciplines.
- University degree in mechanical and/or structural engineering
- Proven experience in identifying and implementing improvements in concept development and iterative development
- Experience with floating structures is preferred
- Excellent in inventing and designing practical and creative technical solutions
- Excellent English language skills
- Excellent cost awareness and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Thrives in a challenging environment
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.