FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming to do is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
In the coming years, The Ocean Cleanup will start installing cleanup systems worldwide. As operations manager, you are responsible for the daily operations and installation of the systems that are under The Ocean Cleanup ownership, and service support for systems owned by others. Within the team, operations are still in the start-up phase. In preparation for full-scale operations, you will need to build the operations department.
- Drive all operations, including prototype deployment, testing and trials, global logistics and maintenance and support
- Focus on and lead the team in developing and executing safe working practices
- Liaise with the Project Director / General Manager, setting up effective learning from prototype deployment and identify practical and operational improvements
- Be responsible for ensuring the cleanup systems are successfully mobilized, assembled and commissioned in locations which could be challenging to access
- Build international infrastructure and networks, in countries with a challenging business culture.
- Ensure implementation of system monitoring, daily operation, service support and training of local teams
- You have successfully set-up and lead multi-disciplinary teams
- You are experienced in roles that combine operational management and technical aspects
- You have experience with floating structures. Experience with mechanical and electronic systems is a plus
- You have the ability to independently solve technical and logistical challenges connected to prototype deployment and mobilization to hard-to-access locations
- You have excellent English language skills. Other languages are helpful
- You possess academic-level thinking and communication skills
- Ability to bring structure to a highly motivated international and inventive team.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, also in face of adversity and setbacks
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong personal integrity
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.