FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Ocean Cleanup is developing systems to clean up floating plastic. These floating cleanup systems need to be deployed in a variety of contexts and environments. We are looking for someone with a technical background and substantial international operational experience to support the rollout of our operations and to further develop the operations team and strategy.
- Manage (post design and manufacturing) operational activities, including transportation, assembly and commissioning, as well as training of international operators
- Bring administrative and communication structure to the global operations team
- Help develop the global operations team and strategy
- Collaborate with diverse international parties at technical and strategic level
- Represent the Head of Operations in his absence
- An engineering / technical background or proven technical affinity, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an international operational role
- Academic-level thinking
- Jack of all trades
- Proven experience in international project management (preferably experienced in working with government-run projects)
- Ideally, experienced in the maritime sector and/or in Asia
- You get stuff done, you are:
- Pragmatic and result-orientated with a can-do mindset
- Methodical and structured
- Creative with problem solving
- Excellent communication and social skills, including a strong cultural awareness; and ability to communicate on all levels (operational to political)
- Results-driven and self-starter, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Fluent in English, verbal and written
- Willing to travel abroad on a regular basis
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal