FULL TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The recycling manager is responsible for plastics recycling (mechanical, thermal and chemical). He or she manages the full global supply chain, by effectively managing parties in the supply chain of plastic collected from the ocean to its end state as recycled plastic granulates, including all processing steps, as well as potentially sourcing product (sub)components.
The plastics journey starts in San Francisco, where the raw material will arrive on shore; processing steps and clients will be found globally.
The quantities to be recycled will be very small to start with, and gradually grow as we increase our harvesting capacities.
- Take a key role in the identification of all parties involved in the process from ocean collected plastic to recycled plastic granulates, on a global scale
- Select suitable parties which meet The Ocean Cleanup’s high standards regarding environment, quality and social values
- Prepare and maintain budgets, schedules and cost estimates
- Negotiate and manage contracts with parties throughout the supply chain and improve cost effectiveness and ensure quality consistency
- Ensure a certified separate recycling process, safeguard the direct link with end product and its origin.
- Possess academic-level thinking and communication skills
- Highly experienced in roles relating to international supply chain management
- Knowledge of plastics and recycling processes and understand the industry
- Accuraccy and savviness
- Result-driven and self-motivated, also in the face of adversity and setbacks
- Flexible and comfortable in a continuously changing environment
- Comfortable working independently
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.