FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by 2020.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone. Cleaning the oceans is hard. But we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we will succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
As Procurement & Contracts Manager you will be responsible for the procurement activities and contract management for The Ocean Cleanup. You will report to the COO.
• Managing procurement processes and contracts management
• Maintaining relations with suppliers
• Providing suppliers with correct and complete technical and non-technical information
• Monitoring suppliers' progress and quality
• At least 4-6 years relevant experience in Procurement and Contracting in the maritime of offshore industry
• Able to manage suppliers and to maintain good working relations with suppliers and other external parties
• Ability to understand the technical requirements as defined by the engineering team and clearly communicate these to suppliers
• Understand the legal aspects of international contracting as well as logistical aspects
• Understand the design and technical details of a system and provide feedback to the engineering team with regards to potential issues in the supply process
• 24/7 start-up mentality, willing to work hard to succeed
• Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
• Good communicator and able to work in a team
• Driven, curious and solutions-oriented
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
• Excellent English language skills
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.