FULL-TIME | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
In order to assure its success, we are hiring a Procurement Officer for our projects. As Procurement Officer you will be responsible for the procurement and contract activities for The Ocean Cleanup. You will report to the Chief Operations Officer for corporate matters and the Project Managers for project matters.
- Managing procurement and contract processes, e.g.:
- Review and discuss Scope of Works for services, constructions and equipment
- Coordinate scopes, specification and terms & conditions with various specialists resulting in an Invitation to Tender
- Generate Purchase Orders
- Monitoring suppliers progress and quality
- Maintaining relations with suppliers
- Analyzing data, providing up-to-date vendor-, product- and market information
- At least 4 years’ relevant experience in procurement and contracting in a technological industry
- Able to manage suppliers and maintain good working relationships with suppliers and other external parties
- Understands technical requirements and can clearly communicate these to suppliers
- Knowledge of the legal aspects of international contracting, as well as logistical aspects
- Comprehension of the design and technical details of a system and the ability to provide feedback to the team with regards to potential issues in the supply process
- Possesses academic-level thinking and communication skills
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- Strong communicator and team player
- Flexible and comfortable in a continuously changing environment
- Strong command of English, verbal and written
- Results-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Independent and flexible
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal