FULL TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to tackle plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. We push the limits of current technological boundaries. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The objective of the Valorization team is to generate substantial income for our future operations. We work on recycling, material development, product development, quality & certification, data management, branding and partnerships to achieve this. The work ranges from strategic and conceptual to practical.
We expect collected material to arrive onshore at frequent intervals to be recycled. With the resulting materials we will create meaningful new products. We will work with partner companies to build the required supply chain.
We are now looking for a bright Program Manager who will coordinate projects to deliver in time. The Program Manager will support the team on documentation, scheduling, planning and budgeting.
- Keep an overview of all projects
- Take an active role in the wellbeing of the team
- Develop plans and control deadlines, budgets and progress
- Provide support to management in finance, purchasing and contracting, reporting and other supporting functions
- Have documentation and learning organized throughout the team
- Support event organization with our Communications team
- Organize incoming requests for information and follow up on actions
- Follow up on partner programs (suppliers, sponsors etc), administered in CRM system Salesforce
- Apply change management, risk management and resource management
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Master or Bachelor degree
- Fluent in English
- At ease in MS Office, Sharepoint, Salesforce, ERP and Finance systems
- Affinity with technical aspects of the valorization work, preferably in engineering or chemistry
- Accuracy and savviness
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized, well grounded
- Result-driven and self-motivated, also in the face of adversity and setbacks
- Comfortable working in a multidisciplinary, international team
- Willing to travel abroad
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.