FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. We are passionate about creating awesome things. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Ocean Cleanup is searching for an Electronics/Project Engineer to join our team. The Electronics/Project Engineer will divide their time between technology development and coordinating with our development partners to create the best solutions possible and improve our current system designs.
- Utilizing engineering skills to improve our current solutions for a plastic-free ocean
- Coordinate and drive cooperation with partners, contractors and suppliers
- Make use of reporting and planning structures and phases, while knowing when to let go of structures and improvise when necessary
- University degree in electrical, mechanical or mechatronics engineering
- Approximately 5 years of working experience in engineering and/or project execution roles
- Proven experience in planning, coordinating and supervising work between (sub)contractors and/or other partner companies
- Good understanding of mechanical design and design for marine environments
- You can check off at least 2 of the following areas of expertise:
- Electrical systems
- Specifying sensors and data acquisition/monitoring systems
- Mechanical/industrial design
- Development and manufacturing of series production
- Cost engineering or contract management
- Working on all stages of the development process, from concepting through to production
- Skilled in cost awareness and problem solving
- Possesses a structured approach to organizing, planning and budgeting
- Strong communication skills
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends during ‘rush hours’
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also use this email address to send questions regarding the position.