FULL TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to tackle plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. We push the limits of current technological boundaries. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The objective of the Valorization team is to generate substantial income for our future operations. We work on recycling, material development, product development, quality & certification, data management, branding and partnerships to achieve this. The work ranges from strategic and conceptual to practical.
We expect the collected material to arrive onshore at frequent intervals and to be recycled under management of our team. With the resulting materials we will create iconic consumer products to be marketed globally under our own brand. These products will be intelligent - linked to online experiences - and will be sold
online. This project is the first of its kind at The Ocean Cleanup.
The Project Manager runs the development project of these consumer products and services. His/her responsibility is to have products on the market, meeting strict objectives with regard to time, quality and budget.
The development project will be executed with external partners – e.g. designers, manufacturers, online marketing & sales partners and quality consultants. Our team has internal recycling-, material-, and quality expertise, communication, online sales & marketing and overall program management.
We are looking for a bright Project Manager who will deliver the project, both the products and the online experience. The Project Manager will lead the team on documentation, scheduling, reporting and budgeting.
- The Project Manager will report to the Valorisation director.
- Deliver the project in time and budget, of high quality
- Plan the project with all stakeholders, internal and external
- Drive the process, project communications and contracts with all involved
- Align all partners for in-time delivery
- Ensure that the products and services have the right documentation for all regulatory compliance (in EU and USA)
- Apply risk management and resource management
- Thorough understanding of project management techniques and methods
- Master or Bachelor degree
- 5-10 years (hands-on) experience in the development of durable consumer products
- Fluent in English
- Comfortable with MS Office, MS Project or comparable
- Highly organized, even in a scale-up environment
- Creative, critical and curious
- Excellent communication skills
- Result-driven and self-motivated, also in the face of adversity and setbacks
- Team oriented, comfortable working in a multidisciplinary, international team
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.