FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Ocean Cleanup manages multiple projects in research, innovation and technology development. The Project Planning & Finance Engineer helps those projects by keeping track of their planning and financial impact; proactively collecting information and translating this into plans and forecasts to support the project management.
- Assist project management in maintaining schedules and cost forecasts up to date
- Proactively translate information into schedules and forecasts, challenging planning input from team members
- Preparing engineering and procurement schedule and keeping project planning schedules up-to-date, including scope changes, latest progress, delivery information
- Assist in project contracting: support procurement in RFQ’s, include preliminary estimates in forecasts, follow-up with procurement department, liaise with financial department on compliance and reporting
- Recognizing and reporting changes in risk profile (technical, operational and financial)
- Delivering monthly project progress reports – in cooperation with the finance team
- Systematically, punctually and accurately carrying out the administrative duties involved
- BSc degree, preferably in engineering (civil engineering, mechanical engineering or offshore engineering)
- At least 4 years’ experience, preferably as estimator or planner
- Experience in a technical organization / project based organization
- Proven accuracy and administrative skills.
- Curious and proactive
- Results-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Strong communication skills
- Service-oriented attitude
- Able to find structure in complex situations
- Strong personal integrity
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.