FULL-TIME FROM APRIL 2018 FOR 4-6 MONTHS
(WITH POSSIBLE EXTENSION)
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Regional Research Coordinator (RRC) will assist the Operations Manager (OM) in developing and overseeing an installation site for a research project, to ensure that all project activities are completed safely, within project specifications, budget and on time.
The RRC actively supports the implementation of and adherence to health, quality and environmental policies and procedures. The RRC is the first point of contact to contractors, operators, local authorities and consultants involved in the installation and operation of our research project. The RRC reports to the OM and shall proactively communicate with him when the OM is not present in country.
- Ensure that our research goals are implemented and achieved, report on targets and objectives
- Supervision and coordination of all necessary activities on the site
- Implementation, monitoring and reporting in relation to Health, Safety & Environment policies, ensure quality performance, as well as monitoring and reporting of planning progress and costs of the project
- Assist in selecting and training of the right people as operators, ensuring that tools, equipment and materials are used correctly and efficiently
- Instruct, promote, check and enforce compliance with agreed procedures, mandatory regulations and standards
- At least 8 years' relevant experience, preferably in maritime industry of research and technology driven projects, hydraulic engineering and/or dredging
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in mechanical, structural, maritime or civil engineering
- Experience with the construction of installations of (river-based) floating structures
- Experience in installation or construction projects in Indonesia
- Proven computer and communication skills
- Prioritizes safety and quality
- Fluent in Bahasa Indonesia and English
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Results-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Proactive communicator
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter, written in English, to email@example.com. You can also use this email address to send any questions you may have regarding the position.