PART-TIME (0,4-0,6 FTE) | DELFT, THE NETHERLANDS
The Ocean Cleanup is created primarily for its environmental benefit and for that reason, negative environmental consequences of its production, operations and decommissioning should be minimized. The Senior Environmental Engineer will assure that this goal is achieved.
The Senior Environmental Engineer will be managing the consultant performing the environmental impact assessment and monitoring of the Pacific-based cleanup systems and operations, whilst:
- ensuring that findings based on analysis of real-life measurements are integrated in following designs iterations
- managing contractors, vendors and external scientists and engineers to interactively develop a cleanup system with minimalwhich minimizes its negative environmental impact
- University degree (MSc, PhD) in environmental engineering, environmental science or similar
- More than 10 years relevant environmental engineering experience in the offshore, maritime or hydraulic industry
- Leadership experience
- Excellent English language skills.
- Resourceful problem-solver who loves aligning seemingly opposing views
- Curious, bold and able to learn quickly
- 24/7 start-up mentality, willing to work hard to succeed
- Able to perform well in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment
- At ease managing external stakeholders
Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com. For questions please call Mark Pijnappels, recruiter, at + 31 6 24 51 47 91.