FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. Our goal is to initiate the largest cleanup in history by mid-2018.
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance, and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
The Ocean Cleanup is developing technology for cleanup systems, which need to function in a wet environment with a high degree of autonomy. This means electrical systems need to be designed and manufactured to power and control machinery and monitor various aspects remotely and in real time.
- Develop and improve control software for autonomous operation
- Develop software for real-time remote monitoring
- Data analysis on gathered monitoring data
- Collaborate with parties within and outside The Ocean Cleanup
- Bachelor/master’s degree in mechatronics, automation or software engineering or comparable
- At least 5 years’ experience working in engineering
- Proficient with PC-based automation and programming (e.g. Java, C, C++)
- Familiar with Linux OS, machine learning and industrial communication protocols such as Modbus/TCP
- Familiar with industrial PLC applications
- Analytical thinking
- Results-driven and self-motivated, even when faced with adversity and setbacks
- Strong command of English, verbal and written
- Must be available to work extended hours and weekends when needed
- Willing to travel abroad
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal