FULL-TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
As part of the Communications Team, the Video Editor / Production Coordinator works alongside the Creative Content Director to conceptualize, plan, produce and manage the organization’s audiovisual content at the highest standard.
- Editing The Ocean Cleanup’s photo and video material.
- Coordinating multi-location photo and video productions.
- Managing digital assets library and synchronizing backups.
- Performing exports, file conversions and deliveries.
- Maintaining gear inventory and logistics.
- Operating camera and/or sound recording on shooting days.
- Improving post-production workflow and increasing efficiency.
- Excellent video and photo editing skills, using Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Lightroom.
- Strong color grading and sound editing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of media formats and production standards, using Adobe Media Encoder.
- Basic graphic design and motion design skills, using Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe After Effects.
- Able to setup and operate single or multi-cam video productions.
- Basic photography skills.
- Experience in Live video production workflows is a plus.
- Fluency in English.
- Born storyteller who thrives to produce compelling authentic content.
- Untamable passion for video editing.
- Highly organized and structured with attention to detail.
- Performs under pressure and in challenging environments (on location).
- Positive, energetic, proactive, versatile.
- Keen to take on responsibility, learn and grow.
To be considered for the role, your application should include a demo reel/portfolio. There will also be an assignment included in the interview process.
Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.