FULL TIME | ROTTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS
VISION AND MISSION
The Ocean Cleanup develops advanced technology to extract, prevent, and intercept plastic pollution. In 2018, The Ocean Cleanup initiated the largest cleanup in history by launching the first cleanup system; System 001 ("Wilson").
We are a young organization with a mission to tackle a global problem of an unprecedented scale. What we are aiming for is not easy, and we know we need to push the limits of current technological boundaries to reach our goals. Working at The Ocean Cleanup isn’t for everyone, but we believe that through optimism, perseverance and ingenuity we can succeed.
We are recruiting a diverse team of bright, high-performing people, who feel comfortable going off the beaten path, and who perceive setbacks merely as necessary obstacles to be taken on the route to great and lasting achievement.
Do you ever find yourself wanting to use your amazing photo and video editing skills for a meaningful cause? Perhaps you’re a skilled photographer/videographer who wants some more blue in their subjects. If this is the case, then you might be the ideal candidate for our Visual Content Manager role here at The Ocean Cleanup. You will work directly with the energetic communications team and hopefully you enjoy a good pun.
- Loving to sit (or stand) in front of a computer doing really awesome graphic design work
- Being the person behind the camera in the office and at major events to capture the journey to the cleanup (we won’t throw you out into the middle of the ocean with a camera…yet)
- Help tell the story of The Ocean Cleanup, both internally and externally, with a focus on the technical side of things
- Manage The Ocean Cleanup’s multimedia libraries and other digital assets
- Monitor and evaluate the impact and effect of communication activities
- Support The Ocean Cleanup’s social media activities and website maintenance
- Can graphic design in your sleep, using Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom
- Excellent video editing skills, using Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Has used a camera for more than cat photos on Instagram (ideally this too, but knows aperture and other photo, video and production jargon and skills)
- Knowledge of web languages is a plus (Html/CSS/Klingon)
- (Near) Fluency in English (both oral and written; telepathy is a plus)
- Thorough understanding of online and social media communications (Myspace not required)
- General understanding of technology and engineering - able to convert highly technical information to marketable communication; technical writing skills
- Working experience in a communications role or relevant university qualifications are a plus
- Intelligent, original and creative thinker
- Positive, energetic, proactive (let’s say you’ve got a lot of PEP!)
- Considered gifted in your craft
- Versatile in your skillset
- Thrives in a very high-paced environment
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Keen to take on responsibility, learn and grow
- International attitude
- Able to sell our mission (don’t worry, we’re not going to ask you to “sell us this pen”)
- Intrinsic motivation to work on our ambitious and meaningful goal (it’s a good motivation, trust us)
To be considered for the role, your application should include a demo reel/portfolio. There will also be an assignment included in the interview process. Please apply by sending your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.